Software Patents: Enablement, Definiteness, Means Plus Function, Step Plus Function, On Sale, Public Use
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide patent counsel with guidance on software patents and the issues of enablement, definiteness, means plus function and step plus function, on sale, and public use. The panel will review key Federal Circuit cases, the USPTO guidelines and PTAB decisions, and will offer best practices for satisfying the statutory requirements.
- Meeting enablement requirements
- Meeting definiteness requirements
- Means plus function and step plush function
- On sale bar
- Public use bar
- Best practices for software patent prosecution
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- How will claims invoke § 112(f) and what are the benefits and pitfalls of using means-plus-function or step-plus-function software patent claims?
- What steps can patent counsel take to meet the enablement requirement and withstand invalidity/unpatentability challenges based on written description and enablement?
- How are courts and the PTAB treating the on-sale bar and the public-use bar for software patents?
Michael L. Kiklis
Bass Berry & Sims
Mr. Kiklis focuses on PTAB litigation as well as district court patent litigation. He also handles Federal Circuit... | Read More
Mr. Kiklis focuses on PTAB litigation as well as district court patent litigation. He also handles Federal Circuit appeals from his cases. With an extensive background in computer science, his technological focus is on software patent matters. He frequently handles high stakes matters, having been involved in several cases in which over $1 billion was at stake.Close
Shu Chen, Ph.D.
Bass Berry & Sims
Dr. Chen provides strategic patent counseling services, manages portfolios of patents and patent applications, helps... | Read More
Dr. Chen provides strategic patent counseling services, manages portfolios of patents and patent applications, helps clients develop strategies for building patent portfolios, helps clients identify patentable inventions, and prepares and prosecutes patent applications, both in the U.S. and internationally. She covers a wide range of computer-related technologies. She has substantial patent experience in distributed system architectures, Internet and client-server systems, search engines, cloud architectures and applications, anti-virus and data encryption techniques, telecommunications, medical devices, automobiles and mechanical devices.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $250
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$444 + $19.45 S&H