Social Media Evidence: Tactics for Discovery, Use at Trial and Settlement Negotiations
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel in drafting and responding to private data and social media discovery requests. The webinar will also discuss strategies to leverage social media evidence at trial or in settlement negotiations.
- Strategies for drafting and responding to social media discovery requests
- Privacy concerns regarding native format social media data
- Recent federal and state court trends
- Leveraging social media and private data evidence at trial and during settlement
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are the most successful strategies for requesting social media information during discovery?
- How are courts weighing parties’ privacy concerns when determining what social media information is discoverable?
- What types of social media discovery requests are objectionable?
- How can counsel leverage social media information obtained via discovery during litigation or settlement discussions?
Donna L. Fisher
Ms. Fisher concentrates her practice in civil litigation, with an emphasis in the defense of pharmaceutical and medical... | Read More
Ms. Fisher concentrates her practice in civil litigation, with an emphasis in the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device companies regarding marketed drugs, medical devices and over-the-counter drug products in product liability cases. Ms. Fisher has also practiced extensively in the commercial, energy and construction litigation fields. She has written extensively on attorney-client privilege and attorney work product.Close
Matthew J. Hamilton
Mr. Hamilton has more than 20 years of experience representing clients in complex pharmaceutical products liability and... | Read More
Mr. Hamilton has more than 20 years of experience representing clients in complex pharmaceutical products liability and commercial litigation, with a primary emphasis on the defense of federal multidistrict litigation, coordinated state court actions, class actions, and other complex matters. He advises clients on issues relating to e-discovery and litigates those issues where required. Mr. Hamilton manages and directs large-scale e-discovery in complex, multiparty litigation and consults on the development and management of case management and other databases.Close
Jessica K. Southwick
Ms. Southwick concentrates her practice on the counseling and defense of companies with products regulated by the FDA,... | Read More
Ms. Southwick concentrates her practice on the counseling and defense of companies with products regulated by the FDA, including pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, as well as businesses in the cannabis industry. She has experience in all phases of litigation, defending companies against products liability and consumer fraud claims, including federal multidistrict litigation and state coordinated proceedings.Close