Severance Plans and ERISA Compliance: Limiting Liability in Design and Implementation of Severance Arrangements
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide employee benefits counsel and advisers on practical methods and best practices in structuring severance plans in compliance with ERISA. The panel will discuss what makes a severance plan subject to ERISA, requirements to avoid penalties, Section 409A considerations, and the benefits of having an ERISA severance plan.
- Application of ERISA to severance plans and ramifications of noncompliance
- Advantages of establishing severance plans in accord with ERISA requirements
- Section 409A implications for severance benefits
- Best practices for drafting severance plan documentation to limit or avoid litigation
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- Determining whether a severance plan is subject to ERISA
- What requirements must a severance arrangement satisfy if it is considered a “plan” under ERISA?
- What are the advantages of designing an ERISA compliant severance plan?
- How does Section 409A apply to severance benefits?
- Best practices for drafting plan documentation to limit potential liability
Ms. Waldner is a member of the firm’s employee benefits practice group. She assists small to large corporations... | Read More
Ms. Waldner is a member of the firm’s employee benefits practice group. She assists small to large corporations and companies with the nuances specific to ERISA laws and regulations, executive compensation, and employee benefits. Cydni’s active practice allows her to remain at the forefront of ERISA law developments. Her early career as corporate counsel responsible for legal compliance in the employee benefits areas enables her to understand thoroughly the needs of her clients.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H