Selling a Closely-Held Business
Navigating Complexities Regarding Process, Valuation, Due Diligence, Structure, Negotiation Strategy and More
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine legal considerations for counsel involved in the sale of closely held businesses. The panel will discuss strategies for evaluating whether to structure a deal as a stock sale, asset sale or merger, and address specific critical deal terms, provide negotiation tips, discuss whether and how to hire an investment banker and other important issues.
- Company Preparation for Sale
- Key legal and business and tax considerations to maximize value for the seller of a closely held business
- Structuring the deal
- Running an efficient due diligence process
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- What are the primary components of a comprehensive due diligence process to be run by the seller?
- What legal and business issues arise when an owner of a closely held business decides to sell?
- What are the benefits, risks and tax aspects of structuring the sale as a stock sale versus asset sale versus merger?
- How can counsel help the owners identify their goals in a sale and what role should the identification of goals in a sale play in the sales’ process
Michael A. Ellis
Buckingham Doolittle & Burroughs
Mr. Ellis focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions; corporate governance; public and private securities... | Read More
Mr. Ellis focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions; corporate governance; public and private securities offerings; executive compensation and shareholder communication matters, and defensive tactics in tender offersClose
Ms. Krivosha provides general counsel advice to her clients relating to all stages in the life cycle of a business,... | Read More
Ms. Krivosha provides general counsel advice to her clients relating to all stages in the life cycle of a business, including contract drafting and negotiation, mergers and acquisitions, financing, strategic partnerships, distribution agreements, joint ventures, governance issues, exit strategies, and sales and recapitalizations. She also provides creative entity formation advice to clients who are seeking to restructure and align their legal structures with their business goals. Ms. Krivosha works with clients in many industries, including manufacturing, technology, healthcare, consumer products, service industries, and social enterprise.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 04/26/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 04/26/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H