Security Interests in Uncommon Collateral: IP, Insurance Issues, Partnership Interests and More
Navigating Attachment, Perfection and Priority Issues Under the UCC, Federal and State Law
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide business counsel with a review of treatment of security interests in uncommon collateral under the UCC and federal and state law. The panel will discuss issues concerning attachment, perfection and priority of security interests in IP, insurance policies, and partnership interests, among others.
- Creating and perfecting security interests in uncommon collateral under the UCC
- Special issues governed by other statutes, regulations and treaties
- Resolving issues involving preemption or superseding law
- Pitfalls to avoid and best practices
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What uncommon collateral can be subject to federal or state law impacting methods of creation and perfection of secured interests?
- What are the potential pitfalls for secured parties seeking attachment, perfection and priority of secured interests in uncommon collateral?
- What are the superseding or preemption issues that counsel should understand?
- What are the best practices for counsel when perfection of security interests is governed by the UCC and other law?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
R. Andrew Richards
McCarter & English
Mr. Richards focuses on banking, corporate and commercial transactions. He represents numerous financial institutions... | Read More
Mr. Richards focuses on banking, corporate and commercial transactions. He represents numerous financial institutions and borrowers in complex debt financing transactions, including senior secured credit facilities, asset-based working capital facilities, subordinated debt and mezzanine financing, New Markets Tax Credit leverage loans, acquisition financing and dividend recaps.Close
Janet M. Nadile
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
Ms. Nadile practices in the areas of banking and credit and corporate law. She focuses on advising secured lenders in... | Read More
Ms. Nadile practices in the areas of banking and credit and corporate law. She focuses on advising secured lenders in syndicated bank facilities, particularly on issues concerning UCC Articles 8 and 9. She is a frequent speaker on secured transaction topics and serves as chairperson of the New York City Bar Association's Commercial Law Committee.Close
Joseph K. Hegedus
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith
Mr. Hegedus focuses his practice on insurance law and was previously General Counsel to an insurance company and... | Read More
Mr. Hegedus focuses his practice on insurance law and was previously General Counsel to an insurance company and Assistant Attorney General for the Pennsylvania Insurance Department. He has more than 30 years of experience which includes transactional and corporate work, litigation, and arbitration in commercial, business, financial, and insurance-related matters.Close