Securities Class Actions Surging: Litigating Section 10-b, Section 11, Section 12 and M&A Claims
Pursuing, Defending and Settling Fiduciary Duty, Accounting and Insider Sales Claims
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide class action counsel with a briefing on the most recent developments in securities class actions and analyze trends in successful and unsuccessful filings, causes of action and defenses. The panel will identify patterns in court rulings across the country to provide strategies for counsel defending against or pursuing various types of securities class action suits.
- Latest trends in securities class actions
- Class certification issues
- Types of claims and defenses
- Rule 10b-5 claims and defenses
- Section 11 claims and defenses
- Section 12 claims and defenses
- Federal merger objection claims and defenses
- Settlement strategies
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the latest trends in securities class actions?
- What strategies are successful in defeating class certification?
- What are the most recent successful litigation strategies being used in 10b-5 claims, Section 11 claims, Section 12 claims and merger claims?
- How are securities class action settlements being structured?
Kate M. Baxter-Kauf, Esq.
Lockridge Grindal Nauen
Ms. Friedman-Boyce has spent more than two decades defending securities class action and shareholder litigation matters... | Read More
Ms. Friedman-Boyce has spent more than two decades defending securities class action and shareholder litigation matters in federal and state courts against financial institutions and both publicly traded and privately held operating companies. Her litigation and regulatory matters have involved allegations relating to the accuracy and completeness of corporate disclosures to investors, possible accounting irregularities, and securities trading by corporate officers and directors, among other issues.Close
Gregory A. Markel
Mr. Markel is a nationally known trial lawyer who concentrates his practice on corporate governance litigation, mergers... | Read More
Mr. Markel is a nationally known trial lawyer who concentrates his practice on corporate governance litigation, mergers and acquisition litigation, directors and officers defense, securities litigation and antitrust litigation, particularly in bet your company cases. Mr. Markel frequently speaks to the press and others on a range of topics, such as director’s and officer’s liability, securities law, commercial litigation, accountants’ defense, law firm management and Internet litigation.Close