SECURE Act 2.0 Considerations for Estate Planners and Administrators
Challenges and Opportunities for Retirement Benefits, Trusts, and Distributions
A live 90-minute CLE/CPE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE/CPE webinar will provide guidance to estate planners and advisers on the impact of the SECURE Act 2.0 on estate planning and administration. The panel will discuss new regulatory and tax rules stemming from the SECURE Act 2.0 and opportunities for retirement benefits, trusts, and distributions. The panel will also provide effective estate and tax planning techniques in light of the new rules.
- SECURE Act 2.0; key provisions and remaining issues
- Provisions beginning in 2023, 2024, and 2025
- Changes made to the 2019 SECURE Act (1.0)
- Key estate planning considerations and challenges
- Challenges for trusts
- Key modifications to consider for estates and trusts
- Other key items and best practices for estates and trust administration
The panel will review these and other essential items:
- What should estate planners know about the SECURE Act 2.0?
- What are the unresolved issues of the SECURE Act 2.0 for estates and trusts?
- What are estate and trust planning techniques available in light of the SECURE Act 2.0?
- What is the impact of the new retirement plan set-up credits?
- What are the proposed changes to SECURE Act 2.0 and areas where guidance is needed?
- What are the exceptions to the 10 percent penalty for early withdrawal?
- What are the key provisions and potential challenges for estate planners?
Daniel R. Bernard
Twomey Latham Shea Kelley Dubin & Quartararo
Mr. Bernard is a partner in the firm and member of the Trusts & Estates Department. He focuses his practice on... | Read More
Mr. Bernard is a partner in the firm and member of the Trusts & Estates Department. He focuses his practice on estate planning, trust and estate administration, estate tax planning, business succession planning, and estate litigation, with an emphasis on estate planning for snowbirds.Close
Mr. Krooks focuses his practice on Elder Law, Special Needs Planning and Estate Administration.| Read More
Mr. Krooks focuses his practice on Elder Law, Special Needs Planning and Estate Administration.Close
Cannot Attend June 27?
You may pre-order a recording to listen at your convenience. Recordings are available 48 hours after the webinar. CPE credit is not available on recordings. Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include course handouts.