Rule 702 and Daubert Standards for Expert Witness Testimony: Bringing and Defending Daubert Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare litigators to meet the Daubert standards on admissibility of expert opinion testimony and outline effective strategies for bringing and defending Daubert motions.
- Overview of Daubert standard
- Theory tested
- Peer review and publication
- Potential error rate
- Standards and control
- General acceptance
- Other reliability factors
- Bringing a Daubert challenge
- Mechanics of a challenge
- Strategic and tactical considerations
- Defending a Daubert challenge
- Critical questions when hiring an expert witness
- Relevance and reliability
- Curing a successful Daubert challenge
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can counsel effectively challenge an expert witness’ theories and whether those theories have been adequately tested?
- Under what circumstances should counsel consider not filing a Daubert motion?
- How can prior rulings involving an expert witness be used?
- The perils of ipse dixit testimony
Anthony L. Cochran
Chilivis Cochran Larkins & Bever
Mr. Cochran represents individuals and businesses in a wide variety of matters. He has tried jury trials, bench trials,... | Read More
Mr. Cochran represents individuals and businesses in a wide variety of matters. He has tried jury trials, bench trials, administrative and regulatory hearings, and medical peer review hearings. He has appeared on many panels and spoken at seminars on a variety of topics, including the application of the Daubert rule and a host of topics related to white-collar criminal law and investigations.Close
Henry D. Fellows, Jr.
Mr. Fellows represents corporations, partnerships and individuals in cases related to commercial contract disputes,... | Read More
Mr. Fellows represents corporations, partnerships and individuals in cases related to commercial contract disputes, fraud and RICO recovery, Georgia Trade Secrets Act, ERISA, and numerous other matters. He has tried cases in numerous Georgia Superior and State Courts, and also successfully argued cases before the Georgia Supreme Court, the Georgia Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.Close
Morris Manning and Martin
Mr. Lockett is a commercial litigator specializing in high-stakes, situation-specific disputes. He has significant... | Read More
Mr. Lockett is a commercial litigator specializing in high-stakes, situation-specific disputes. He has significant experience representing members of the real estate, financial services, heavy equipment and technology industries. Mr. Lockett’s practice is national in scope, and he routinely handles cases and arbitrations around the United States.Close