Rule 23(b)(2) Injunctive Relief Class Actions: Recent Decisions, Approaches for Plaintiffs and Defendants
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss the standards for injunctive classes and cover recent judicial decisions on this topic. Our panel will also discuss approaches to Rule 23(b)(2) class actions from both the plaintiff and defense perspectives.
- Discussion of recent case law involving Rule 23(b)(2) class actions
- Overview of standards to bring an injunctive class action
- Benefits of bringing injunctive class actions for plaintiffs
- Strategies and implications of an injunctive class action for defendants
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are the recent judicial decisions regarding Rule 23(b)(2) class actions?
- What are the standards for bringing an injunctive class action under Rule 23(b)(2)?
- What are the benefits of bringing an injunctive class action?
- What are the common defenses to injunctive class actions available to defendants?
Robert J. Herrington
Co-Chair, Class Action Litigation Group
Mr. Herrington's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including class actions in the areas of false... | Read More
Mr. Herrington's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including class actions in the areas of false advertising, unfair competition, food and beverage, consumer products, insurance, and products liability. He helps sophisticated business clients address complex disputes and competitive challenges to their products, services and business practices.Close
Michael E. McCarthy
Mr. McCarthy focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and class action defense. Hel also specializes in... | Read More
Mr. McCarthy focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and class action defense. Hel also specializes in financial institutions, construction, real estate, privacy and appellate litigation. Mr. McCarthy represents companies in a variety of industries, including retail, consumer products and financial services.Close
Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton
Mr. Neary's practice includes various areas of complex commercial litigation as well as class actions and... | Read More
Mr. Neary's practice includes various areas of complex commercial litigation as well as class actions and multi-district litigation, representing plaintiffs in fraud and deceptive trade practices, tort, and product liability claims. He has litigated actions in both Federal and State courts and has also litigated matters before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).Close