Roth IRAs: Conversions, Mega Back-Door, Tax Calculations, and Recent Legislation
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This course will discuss Roth IRAs and Roth conversions for tax advisers working with clients eligible to make IRA contributions, conversions, and withdrawals. The panelist will discuss determining taxpayers who benefit most from conversions, calculating the tax on a Roth conversion, and--most importantly--how to avoid tax surprises when affecting these conversions.
- Roths compared to traditional IRAs
- Recent legislation affecting IRAs
- Back-Door Roths
- Mega Back-Door Roths
- Traditional IRA conversions
- Planning opportunities
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- Tax traps to consider before recommending Roth conversions
- Calculating the tax due on a Roth conversion
- Making a back-door and mega back-door conversion
- Changes made by the SECURE Act, CARES Act, and recent legislation to IRAs
Lawrence K.Y. Pon, CPA/PFS, CFP, EA, USTCP, AEP
Pon & Associates
Mr. Pon has been in practice since 1986 providing comprehensive tax and financial planning, tax preparation and... | Read More
Mr. Pon has been in practice since 1986 providing comprehensive tax and financial planning, tax preparation and representation.Close
Early Discount (through 10/07/22)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.