Revoking a Section 754 Election: New Form 15254, Tips for Avoiding Denial, Sufficient Reasons for Request
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will explain how and when to revoke a Section 754 election. Our panel of partnership experts will discuss the steps required to request a revocation, including completing new Form 15254 and how to increase the probability that a request is granted.
- Making a Section 754 election
- Acceptable reasons for revocation
- Preparing Form 15254, Request for Section 754 Revocation
- Part I Information for All Requests
- Part II Reason for the Request
- Supporting documentation
- Other considerations
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- Tips to avoid denial of the application for revocation of a Section 754 election
- Reasons the IRS considers sufficient for revoking a Section 754 election
- How to properly prepare and submit new Form 15254, Request for Section 754 Revocation
- When is the revocation application submitted relative to a partnership's tax year?
Robert E. Demmett, CPA, MS
Mr. Demmett is a certified public accountant in New York. He specializes in tax and financial planning for... | Read More
Mr. Demmett is a certified public accountant in New York. He specializes in tax and financial planning for high-net-worth individuals as well as handling tax and compliance issues for partnerships, corporations and other entities. In addition, Mr. Demmett helps clients with structure issues, as well as acquisitions and dispositions of businesses and real estate.Close
Faye Tannenbaum, CPA
Ms. Tannenbaum has over 28 years of experience providing tax compliance and consulting services to some of the largest... | Read More
Ms. Tannenbaum has over 28 years of experience providing tax compliance and consulting services to some of the largest entities operating within the United States, including private equity companies, banks, broker-dealers and investment management entities.Close
Early Discount (through 08/13/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.