Revocable Trust Drafting: Funding Issues, Transfers, Tax Planning, Disposition of Personal Property and Real Estate
Recording of a 90-minute CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE webinar will provide estate planners a detailed analysis of key challenges and pitfalls to avoid when drafting revocable trusts. The panel will discuss the legal framework and key considerations for revocable trusts, pros and cons for grantors, funding the trust and key issues, transferring assets to the trust, dispositions of personal property and real estate, key tax planning considerations, and other issues in drafting revocable trusts.
- Revocable trust planning options
- Marital deduction planning
- Supplemental needs trusts
- Charitable planning options
- Other options
- Grantor powers and funding issues
- Trustee rules, powers, and duties
- Key trust provisions and drafting considerations
- Tax planning and reporting
- Revocable trust administration
The panel will discuss these and other key issues:
- What are the reasons and circumstances for utilizing revocable trusts?
- What are the key distinctions for revocable vs. irrevocable trusts?
- What are the applicable legal and tax rules to consider when utilizing revocable trusts?
- What are the best revocable trust structures and their pros and cons?
- How are revocable trusts funded and what are the challenges?
- What are the key provisions and pitfalls to avoid?
- How are these types of trusts implemented and administered?
John R. Bedosky
Hinman Howard & Kattell
Mr. Bedosky is a partner in Hinman, Howard & Kattell’s Trusts, Estates, and Wealth Planning Practice Group.... | Read More
Mr. Bedosky is a partner in Hinman, Howard & Kattell’s Trusts, Estates, and Wealth Planning Practice Group. He has extensive experience in a variety of estate planning matters including business succession planning; family wealth accumulation, preservation and transfer planning; estate and trust administration; fiduciary litigation; and related taxation matters.Close
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis
Ms. Howard-Potter is a partner in the firm’s Tax and Wealth Management Department. She focuses her practice on... | Read More
Ms. Howard-Potter is a partner in the firm’s Tax and Wealth Management Department. She focuses her practice on estate planning and administration, charitable giving, trust and estate litigation, business succession planning and taxation.Close