Retailer Sales Tax Challenges and Compliance: Navigating State Nexus Rules, Market Facilitator Laws, and Reporting
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This course will provide tax professionals a detailed briefing on the latest state developments and tax trends affecting retailers. The panel will discuss the transformation of state nexus rules, market facilitator laws, reporting, and exemptions. The panel will also offer compliance approaches and demonstrate their application to guide professionals in navigating and adjusting to multistate developments.
- Essential concepts of sales taxes for retailers
- Mulitple jurisdictions and sourcing transactions
- Sales tax exemptions
- Revenue agency administration of sales tax
- Filing frequency
- Vendor compensation
The panel will drill into these and other essential aspects:
- Understanding the sales tax compliance and reporting requirements for retailers
- Identifying sales tax issues from contracting, invoicing, drop shipping, and more
- Market facilitator laws and exemptions
- Properly collecting and remitting sales tax
- Key methods in maintaining compliance for retail businesses
SALT Senior Tax Manager
Mr. Korzhen joined TaxOps with over 15 years of state and local tax (SALT) specialization, driving positive tax... | Read More
Mr. Korzhen joined TaxOps with over 15 years of state and local tax (SALT) specialization, driving positive tax outcomes for clients of all sizes across industries. He has extensive experience in all aspects of SALT consulting, planning and compliance.Close
Judith B. Vorndran, JD, CPA, MSBA
Ms. Vorndran helps clients and tax professionals navigate the morass of state and local tax issues with the goal of... | Read More
Ms. Vorndran helps clients and tax professionals navigate the morass of state and local tax issues with the goal of making it less “taxing!” She is a nationally recognized thought leader and award-winning instructor with a steady focus on finding ways to simplify complex state and local tax issues and resolve areas of state tax controversy.Close
Early Discount (through 10/08/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.