Renewable Energy Projects: Structuring Operations & Maintenance Contracts
Negotiating Owner and Operator Obligations, Services, Termination, Indemnification, Force Majeure, and Other Key Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to counsel involved in the development of renewable energy projects, with a particular focus on the operations and maintenance (O&M) agreements that underpin such developments. The panel will discuss factors to consider and will outline the important terms and conditions to be addressed in O&M agreements.
- Structuring and negotiating O&M agreements for renewable energy projects
- Key provisions
- Performance obligations and remedies
- Owner’s obligations
- Term and termination
- Limitations on liability
- Force majeure, change in law and change order relief
- Intellectual property and data
- Strategies for monitoring and management
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- What are the key issues that should be addressed in O&M contracts?
- What are the critical provisions of O&M contracts?
- What strategies should be used to structure the O&M agreements to appropriately allocate risk?
Mr. Cayce focuses on solar power, nuclear energy, and other conventional and renewable energy projects, including new... | Read More
Mr. Cayce focuses on solar power, nuclear energy, and other conventional and renewable energy projects, including new power plant construction and procurement transactions and site acquisition and control transactions. He also represents clients in mergers, acquisitions, and joint venture or joint ownership transactions.Close
Holland & Hart
Ms. Wald provides sophisticated guidance to clients in the solar, wind, hydropower, and natural gas industries as they... | Read More
Ms. Wald provides sophisticated guidance to clients in the solar, wind, hydropower, and natural gas industries as they develop energy projects and related infrastructure across the U.S. She assists her clients at all stages of energy project development and finance, from site acquisition through commercial operation, with particular emphasis on construction contracts and power purchase agreements.Close