Renewable Energy and Bitcoin Mining: Applicable Regulations, Utilizing Renewable Resources, Key Issues for Counsel
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide renewable energy attorneys a detailed analysis of applicable regulations, benefits, and challenges relating to the use of renewable energy for bitcoin mining. The panel will discuss federal and state regulatory challenges, crypto mining energy consumption and utilizing renewable resources, siting and permitting considerations, and other key issues relating to the use of renewable energy resources for cryptocurrency mining.
- Overview of cryptocurrency mining
- Interplay of bitcoin mining and renewable energy
- Project development considerations and challenges
- Recent federal and state regulations
- Best practices for energy counsel, developers, and investors
The panel will discuss these and other key issues:
- What are the processes of cryptocurrency mining?
- How can renewable energy resources be combined with Bitcoin mining?
- What structuring options are available for developers and investors?
- What are the most common siting and permitting issues for projects combining Bitcoin mining and renewables?
- How can Bitcoin mining help stabilize electric grids?
- What are the key issues and best practices for energy counsel and developers?
Karen A. Cullinane
Ms. Cullinane focuses her practice on complex asbestos litigation, toxic tort matters, mass torts, product liability... | Read More
Ms. Cullinane focuses her practice on complex asbestos litigation, toxic tort matters, mass torts, product liability cases, and general commercial litigation. She represents national and international entities including chemical, manufacturing, and mining companies. Ms. Cullinane's legal experience includes successful precedent-setting motion practice ranging from precluding evidence and dismissing cases on dispositive motions to obtaining directed verdicts on punitive damages.Close
Peter R. Kelso
Principal, Economic & Complex Analytics
Mr. Kelso is a Principal in the ECA practice and leads Roux’s Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) practice.... | Read More
Mr. Kelso is a Principal in the ECA practice and leads Roux’s Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) practice. He provides strategic advisory and expert witness services to corporate and insurance clients throughout the United States on product and environmental litigation matters. Mr. Kelso’s expertise in ESG-related regulatory, investment, and environmental matters is valued by clients seeking to plan, manage, and develop solutions to mitigate environmental risk.Close