Remedies Provisions in Commercial Real Estate Sales Contracts
Strategies for Buyers and Sellers Negotiating and Enforcing Default Clauses
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to real estate counsel for negotiating and enforcing default and remedies provisions in commercial real estate purchase and sale agreements.
- Current market trends
- Trends in failed real estate deals
- Trends in commercial real estate purchase negotiations
- Default and remedies negotiation and enforcement
- When has default occurred?
- Common remedies for default
- Negotiation considerations and strategies
- Enforcement considerations and strategies
- Remedies related to Special Purpose Entities
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How have current market conditions affected terms of real estate purchase agreements, particularly default and remedies clauses?
- When is default of a commercial real estate sales contract considered to have occurred? What are the most commonly negotiated remedies for default?
- What best practices should counsel to buyers and sellers use when negotiating default and remedies clauses?
- What legal and practical challenges do buyers and sellers counsel face when seeking to enforce default and remedies clauses—and how can they overcome them?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Larry N. Woodard
Robbins Salomon & Patt
He has represented Fortune 500 companies, private developers, condominium associations, units of local government,... | Read More
He has represented Fortune 500 companies, private developers, condominium associations, units of local government, investors, landlords, tenants, private REITs and syndications in the development, financing, leasing, zoning, acquisition or disposal of their real estate interests. He has experience negotiating and documenting a broad range of transactional matters.Close