Reinstatement of the Superfund Excise Tax: Key Issues and Action Items for Manufacturers, Producers, and Importers
Taxable Substances, Actions Triggering the Tax, Calculations, Tax Returns and Payments, Rev. Proc. 2022-26
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will provide tax professionals with an in-depth analysis of the critical issues and challenges of the reinstatement of the Superfund Excise Taxes for manufacturers, producers, and importers. The panel will discuss applicable tax rules, taxable chemicals and taxable substances, actions that can trigger tax, exemptions, and reporting requirements. The panel will also discuss Revenue Procedure 2022-26 and procedures for importers, exporters, and interested parties to request a determination under Section 4672(a)(2) that a substance be added to or removed from the list of taxable substances.
- Overview of Superfund excise tax rules
Challenges faced by taxpayers
Registration, deposits, and return requirements
Rev. Proc. 2022-26 and Section 4672(a)(2)
- Next steps and best practices for manufacturers, products, and importers
The panel will discuss these and other key issues:
- What are the key provisions of the IIJA impacting the taxation of chemicals and listed substances?
- What chemicals and substances are taxable?
- What actions can trigger the Superfund Excise Taxes?
- What exemptions are available?
- What are the registration, deposits, and tax return reporting requirements?
- How can importers, exporters, and interested parties request a determination that a substance be added to or removed from the list of taxable substances?
Mr. Ault has worked as a multi-state tax consultant for 27 years. Much of his career before coming to Crowe... | Read More
Mr. Ault has worked as a multi-state tax consultant for 27 years. Much of his career before coming to Crowe Horwath was spent at Deloitte & Touche, where he led the firm's sales Tax Practice for 13 years.Close
Megan K. Hall
Ms. Hall is a senior associate in Mayer Brown’s Tax Transactions & Consulting practice. She advises... | Read More
Ms. Hall is a senior associate in Mayer Brown’s Tax Transactions & Consulting practice. She advises multinationals on the tax aspects of corporate acquisitions, mergers, internal restructurings and business formations. Ms. Hall has designed plans and led teams to complete international restructurings in advance of a spin-off of a division and initial public offering. She is experienced in post-transaction integration and reporting including the implementation of global transfer pricing strategies.Close