Reclaimable Foreign Tax Credits: Calculating and Applying for Refunds of Excess Withholding by Foreign Payors
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will detail the process for obtaining relief for overwithheld foreign taxes. Our international tax planning expert will explain when foreign taxes paid can be reclaimed and walk tax professionals through calculating and applying for a refund of excess taxes paid.
- Reclaiming foreign tax credits: an introduction
- Foreign tax credit rules and current legislation
- The broker's role in FTCs
- Steps to seek refunds of excess taxes withheld
- Practical tips and best practices
Our panelist will cover these and other critical issues:
- Foreign tax credit rules and recent legislation
- Steps to take to seek a refund of excess taxes withheld by a foreign payor
- What is a reclaimable foreign tax credit?
- Examples of the process to reclaim foreign tax credits in specific countries
- How U.S. income tax treaties affect foreign tax credits
Senior Manager, International, Private Client Services
Eisner Advisory Group
Ms. Subramanian is a Tax Senior Manager in the Private Client Services Group. With over 10 years of tax experience, she... | Read More
Ms. Subramanian is a Tax Senior Manager in the Private Client Services Group. With over 10 years of tax experience, she provides comprehensive tax, compensation, and financial planning services including international and domestic tax planning for high net worth individuals and closely held entities. Additionally, Ms. Subramanian has expertise in FIRPTA compliance issues related to holding of U.S. real property interest, expatriation and inpatriation planning, foreign information reporting requirements for individuals and entities, including FBAR, and Forms 8938, 5471, 8865, 926, 3520, 3520-A, 8858.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.