Real Property Transfers in Estate Planning: Tax Rules, Transfers in Trust, Community Property, Creditor Rights
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide trusts and estate attorneys on various rules and implications of transferring real property in estate planning. The panel will discuss critical estate planning techniques to limit adverse legal and tax consequences of transferring real estate, transfers to trusts and use of LPs and LLCs, and the impact of homestead laws, community property or joint-owner consent, and creditors' rights. The panel will also discuss structuring real estate transactions to minimize potential estate planning issues.
- Key estate planning considerations for real estate owners
- Options retaining testator use or providing income
- Transfers in trusts
- Use of LPs and LLCs
- Tax issues
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Under what circumstances are outright dispositions appropriate? What tools are available when there is consideration and when there is not?
- What options are available for a testator who wants to retain control over the real estate?
- When are trusts appropriate for the disposition of real estate? What types of trusts are most appropriate?
- What methods are available to minimize tax implications of real property transfers in estate planning?
- What concerns stem from homestead laws, community property, and creditors' rights?
- How can you structure real estate transactions to minimize the potential impact on estate planning?
Eve A. Bouchard
Nash & Kromash
Ms. Bouchard's practice of law focuses primarily on estate planning, estate litigation, probate, guardianship, and... | Read More
Ms. Bouchard's practice of law focuses primarily on estate planning, estate litigation, probate, guardianship, and trust administration.Close
Nash & Kromash
Mr. Nash has been a presenter on topics pertaining to estate planning, estate and trust administration, estate, gift... | Read More
Mr. Nash has been a presenter on topics pertaining to estate planning, estate and trust administration, estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax issues, homestead and ethics at more than three dozen continuing legal education programs sponsored by The Florida Bar. He is listed in the most recent edition and several prior editions of The Best Lawyers in America published by Woodward/White. Mr. Nash is also the General Counsel for the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office.Close
Nina V. Rawal
Nash & Kromash
Ms. Rawal has experience practicing law in numerous areas including estate and trust litigation, commercial and... | Read More
Ms. Rawal has experience practicing law in numerous areas including estate and trust litigation, commercial and residential real estate transactions, immigration law, health care law, business law, and employment law.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H