Real Estate Partnership Returns: Reviewing Form 1065, Schedule K-1, and Attachments to Avoid Common Errors
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will walk tax practitioners through reviewing Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income Tax Return, and its related schedules. Our partnership experts will cover changes to the 2021 form and schedules, common M-1 adjustments, properly reporting liabilities, key elections, and new considerations for partnership tax returns based on recent guidelines and relief.
- Reviewing Form 1065
- Schedule B
- Pages 1-5
- Common M-1 adjustments
- Schedule M-3
- Recent changes
- Form 8825
- Common footnotes, elections, and other disclosures
- K-1 items
- Income allocations
- Interpreting the partnership agreement
- Maintaining capital accounts
- Current considerations
- New Schedules K-2 and K-3
- Cares Act
- Consolidated Appropriations Act
- Best practices
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What changes have been made to Form 1065 and Schedule K-1 for 2021?
- What are the critical elections when filing partnership returns?
- What are the key tax provisions to consider when reviewing a partnership agreement?
- What steps can practitioners take to self-review prepared partnership returns?
- What additional service opportunities can arise while reviewing Form 1065?
Alan M. Blecher, JD
CBIZ Marks Paneth
Mr. Blecher has considerable experience serving high-income and high-net-worth individuals and their closely held... | Read More
Mr. Blecher has considerable experience serving high-income and high-net-worth individuals and their closely held businesses. He focuses especially on partnerships, limited liability companies and S corporations.Close
Sara A. Palovick, CPA
Ms. Palovick specializates in real estate, and focuses most of her time in the areas of partnership and individual... | Read More
Ms. Palovick specializates in real estate, and focuses most of her time in the areas of partnership and individual taxation. She assists in all areas of compliance as well as tax planning and succession planning.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.