Real Estate Leasing Letters of Intent: Obtaining Favorable Terms and Avoiding Protracted Negotiations
Structuring Effective LOIs and Minimizing Enforceability Pitfalls
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss best practices for drafting and negotiating key terms for a letter of intent (LOI) for a commercial leasing transaction from the perspective of both tenant and landlord, as well as the enforceability of an LOI in the case the deal falls through.
- Advantages of using LOI in real estate leasing transactions
- Binding vs. non-binding terms
- Negotiating specific terms of the LOI
- Enforceability of the LOI
- Drafting pitfalls
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key advantages of LOI from perspectives of the respective parties?
- What strategic decisions need to be made to determine how comprehensive an LOI should be?
- What are terms of the LOI that should be made binding?
- What factors do courts consider in determining the parties’ intent to bind, and thus, the enforceability of the terms of the LOI?
Mr. Fishman focuses his practice on representing real estate developers, owners and secured lenders in the acquisition,... | Read More
Mr. Fishman focuses his practice on representing real estate developers, owners and secured lenders in the acquisition, sale and financing of commercial properties. He has an active leasing practice representing owners of several major office buildings, as well as tenants in lease and sublease transactions. His expertise includes letters of intent, tenant improvement work agreements, security deposits/letters of credit, signage rights, expansion and contraction rights, permitted transfers, operating expense audits and lender and master landlord recognition agreements.Close
Ms. Yalamanchili has extensive experience in business and commercial real estate development, commercial leasing, and... | Read More
Ms. Yalamanchili has extensive experience in business and commercial real estate development, commercial leasing, and real estate investment and financing. Her experience includes structuring acquisition and development projects for office, distribution, and manufacturing facilities of numerous companies in a variety of industries; advising retail sector developers and operators in development, acquisition, leasing, financing, and 1031 exchange matters; and handling real estate financing matters, including nontraditional sale leaseback and ground-lease matters.Close