Pursuing or Defending Anesthesiology Malpractice Claims: Standards of Care, Co-Defendants, Special Liabilities
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will examine current trends in medical malpractice claims brought against anesthesiologists and co-defendants, such as hospital systems or surgical teams, from both the plaintiff and defense perspectives.
- Survey of anesthesiology claims
- Typical allegations in claims
- Analysis of liability between common co-defendants
- Special liability when anesthesiologists are independent contractors or work with CRNAs and/or trainees
The panel will review these and other relevant questions:
- Which types of anesthesiology-based claims are most frequently the basis of medical malpractice suits?
- What risks are exposing anesthesiology practices to litigation?
- What kinds of proof are involved in anesthesiology claims resulting in injury or death?
C. Gregory Tiemeier
Tiemeier & Stich
Mr. Tiemeier has worked in medical malpractice defense for many years. From his special interest in ophthalmology... | Read More
Mr. Tiemeier has worked in medical malpractice defense for many years. From his special interest in ophthalmology came invitations to share his knowledge at national and regional meetings with ophthalmologists who wanted to lower their exposure to litigation, particularly from refractive surgery; this resulted in developing a risk management counseling practice.Close
Leventhal & Puga
Mr. Wilschke began his legal career as a Judge Advocate in the United States Marine Corps, serving for ten years as a... | Read More
Mr. Wilschke began his legal career as a Judge Advocate in the United States Marine Corps, serving for ten years as a trial prosecutor, trial defense counsel, and supervisory defense counsel. He served for over a year in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. After leaving the service, Mr. Wilschke continues to fight for people who are injured by another. Achieving the best possible outcomes for his clients in medical negligence and birth injury cases is the focus of Alex’s practice today.Close