Psychological Injuries in Personal Injury Claims: Navigating Litigation Complexities
Assessing Value of Claim, Negotiating Settlements and Leveraging Expert Witnesses
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss how to handle superadded psychological injuries when they arise in personal injury claims. The program will cover how to plan case strategy from independent medical examinations to depositions as well as determining case value.
- Overview of commonly alleged psychological injuries
- Discussion of experts and evidence needed to combat alleged psychological injuries
- Analysis of damages calculations for psychological injury
- Best practices for valuing cases for settlement
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are some of the most commonly alleged psychological injuries in personal injury cases?
- What types of specific evidence is needed to combat a claim of psychological injury?
- How do courts assess damages for psychological injuries?
- What are the most reliable ways to value a case where a superadded psychological injury is alleged?
Donald Patrick Eckler
Pretzel & Stouffer
Mr. Eckler handles a wide variety of civil disputes in state and federal courts across Illinois and Indiana. His... | Read More
Mr. Eckler handles a wide variety of civil disputes in state and federal courts across Illinois and Indiana. His practice has evolved from primarily representing insurers in coverage disputes to managing complex litigation in which he represents a wide range of professionals, businesses and tort defendants. His coverage practice for insurers and the insured involves commercial general liability and personal lines policies, issues involving the duties to defend and indemnify, bad faith and the application of exclusions. His tort defense work involves representing nursing homes and long-term-care facilities, product manufacturers and distributors, trucking concerns and premises owners.Close
Keane Law Firm
Mr. Keane’s practice is focused on the representation of injured, abused and deceased children. He has practiced... | Read More
Mr. Keane’s practice is focused on the representation of injured, abused and deceased children. He has practiced exclusively as a plaintiff’s trial lawyer since 1992 and frequently represents clients in daycare injury, wrongful death, failure to report child abuse, and foster care matters.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $120
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$274 + $19.45 S&H