Psychological Injuries in Personal Injury Claims: Navigating Litigation Complexities
Assessing Value of Claim, Negotiating Settlements and Leveraging Expert Witnesses
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss how to handle superadded psychological injuries when they arise in personal injury claims. The program will cover how to plan case strategy from independent medical examinations to depositions as well as determining case value.
- Overview of commonly alleged psychological injuries
- Discussion of experts and evidence needed to combat alleged psychological injuries
- Analysis of damages calculations for psychological injury
- Best practices for valuing cases for settlement
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are some of the most commonly alleged psychological injuries in personal injury cases?
- What types of specific evidence is needed to combat a claim of psychological injury?
- How do courts assess damages for psychological injuries?
- What are the most reliable ways to value a case where a superadded psychological injury is alleged?
Keane Law Firm
Mr. Keane’s practice is focused on the representation of injured, abused and deceased children. He has practiced... | Read More
Mr. Keane’s practice is focused on the representation of injured, abused and deceased children. He has practiced exclusively as a plaintiff’s trial lawyer since 1992 and frequently represents clients in daycare injury, wrongful death, failure to report child abuse, and foster care matters.Close
Nicole D. Milos
Cremer Spina Shaughnessy Jansen + Siegert
Ms. Milos focuses her practice on protecting the interests of business owners. She is often retained in retail,... | Read More
Ms. Milos focuses her practice on protecting the interests of business owners. She is often retained in retail, restaurant and hospitality matters, and litigates commercial matters, construction litigation, product liability, professional liability, fraud claims and coverage disputes. Ms. Milos has extensive experience utilizing alternative dispute resolution tactics, including mediations. She provides her clients with services to avoid liability, minimize exposure and transfer risk.Close