Product Liability: Expert Witnesses in Complex and Class Action Litigation
Leveraging Experts for Issues of Class Certification, Causation, Manifestation of Defect, and Economic Damages
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss best practices for using experts at various stages of product liability class action litigation, including class certification, manifestation of product defect, causal factors in consumer behavior, and economic damages.
- Expert’s role in class certification
- Expert’s role in manifestation of product defect
- Expert’s role in causal factors in consumer behavior
- Expert’s role in economic damages issues
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the different standards of evaluating expert testimony that courts are employing at class certification?
- How are experts used to show causal factors in consumer behavior and manifestation of product defect?
- How can counsel best leverage expert witnesses to prove or attack damages?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Mr. Walters is a Partner in the Litigation Department, Practice Leader of the Product Liability and Mass Tort... | Read More
Mr. Walters is a Partner in the Litigation Department, Practice Leader of the Product Liability and Mass Tort Group, and a member of the Complex Commercial Litigation, Consumer Class Action Litigation, and E-Discovery and Data Management Groups. He is national counsel for several consumer product manufacturers and has significant experience defending class certification proceedings.Close
Roberto A. Rivera-Soto
Before joining Ballard Spahr, he served for seven years on the Supreme Court of New Jersey. He has hands-on experience... | Read More
Before joining Ballard Spahr, he served for seven years on the Supreme Court of New Jersey. He has hands-on experience in a range of litigation from years of private practice and his prior position as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in addition to his service as a Justice. His wealth of experience gives him the unique perspective of how consumer fraud product issues are viewed on appeal.Close