Private Equity Pledge Funds: Benefits, Features, Pitfalls, Regulatory Concerns
Learn the Pros and Cons of These Industry Funds vs. Blind Pool Funds and How They Fit in the Current Regulatory Landscape
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss features of pledge funds and the pros and cons of these industry funds compared to blind pool funds or the separately managed account model. The program will also address where the pledge fund fits in the current regulatory landscape.
- Background and structure
- Terms and conditions
- Management fees
- Carried interest
- Pledge fund operations: timing and investment process
- Structuring pledge funds under the Investment Advisers Act
The panel will review these and other vital questions:
- What market factors have caused investors to look more closely at more direct investments?
- What advantages do pledge funds present for investors?
- How are sponsor management fees and carried interest structured for pledge funds?
- How are pledge funds structured under the Investment Advisers Act?
Phyllis A. Schwartz
Schulte Roth & Zabel
Ms. Schwartz focuses her practice on the structuring, formation and operation of private equity funds, including buyout... | Read More
Ms. Schwartz focuses her practice on the structuring, formation and operation of private equity funds, including buyout funds, venture capital funds, mezzanine funds, distressed funds and real estate funds. She represents both fund sponsors and investors in her practice. In addition to assisting fund sponsors with their internal management arrangements, succession planning and the creation of internal investment and co-investment vehicles, she has extensive experience with institutional investors and regularly advises clients on market terms of investment funds. She also advises private equity funds in connection with their investments in, and disposition of, portfolio companies and the establishment of capital call credit lines.Close