Preparing Witnesses for Deposition: Overcoming Challenges With 30(b)(6) Representatives and Fact and Expert Witnesses
Navigating Current Restrictions on Defending Counsel, Complying With Ethical Guidance, and Strategies for Witness Preparation
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will focus on the critical importance of preparing the fact, expert, and Rule 30(b)(6) witness for deposition given the current restrictions on what defending counsel can do at the deposition to protect the witness.
- Current restrictions on defending counsel at a deposition
- Ethical guidance on witness preparation
- Tips for preparing the fact witness to perform at his/her best
- Special considerations for preparing Rule 30(b)(6) witnesses or corporate representatives
- Special considerations for preparing expert witnesses
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the current restrictions on defending counsel at a deposition?
- What are the relevant ethical rules applicable to preparing witness testimony?
- How can counsel prepare fact and expert witnesses to perform at their best?
- What unique issues arise in the context of 30(b)(6) depositions of corporate representatives?
Mark H. Bloomberg
Zuber Lawler & Del Duca
Mr. Bloomberg is an intellectual property litigator. With more than 30 years of experience, he has represented... | Read More
Mr. Bloomberg is an intellectual property litigator. With more than 30 years of experience, he has represented clients in infringement actions, and advised clients concerning patent infringement, validity, remedies and licensing. During this time, Mr. Bloomberg has participated in all aspects of patent litigation, including jury trials, bench trials, claim construction hearings, arbitrations and appeals. He has represented clients in a number of technology areas, including computers, video games, telecommunication systems, electronic trading systems, business methods and medical devices.Close
John C. (Jay) Maloney, Jr.
Zuber Lawler & Del Duca
Mr. Maloney is a trial lawyer and a highly experienced complex commercial litigator. He focuses most often on product... | Read More
Mr. Maloney is a trial lawyer and a highly experienced complex commercial litigator. He focuses most often on product liability and class action litigation, particularly in relation to the healthcare industry. Among his many representations, Mr. Maloney was counsel to major pharmaceutical company in nationwide DES litigation for more than 25 years, including successfully opposing three motions for class certification. He has substantial experience working with medical, financial and valuation experts, both consulting and testifying. Mr. Maloney is a frequent author and presenter on witness preparation.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/13/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/13/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H