Preliminary Injunctions and TROs in Commercial Disputes
Obtaining or Opposing Emergency Motions in Business Litigation
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare counsel to file or defend against motions for preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders (TROs). Our panel of experienced litigators will examine the standards to obtain or defeat such motions, discuss key procedural aspects, and review appeal considerations.
- Standards for emergency injunctive relief
- Overview of preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders
- Federal v. state court considerations
- Strategic considerations and key procedural hurdles
- Corporate litigation (shareholder actions, preservation of assets)
- IP litigation
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Noncompete litigation
- Defending against motions for emergency injunctive relief
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What cases are particularly suited for emergency orders like preliminary injunctions and temporary restraining orders?
- What constitutes irreparable injury—and when are you entitled to a presumption of irreparable injury?
- How does the status quo affect preliminary injunctive relief?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Robert W. Capobianco
He has represented employers in all types of employment litigation, including trade secret, restrictive covenant,... | Read More
He has represented employers in all types of employment litigation, including trade secret, restrictive covenant, collective, and class action litigation. He has also prepared enforceable restrictive covenants for employers in states throughout the country. He has been recognized for his representation of employers in restrictive covenant and employment litigation in Chambers USA.Close
Craig R. Tractenberg
He is a member of the firm's business litigation and bankruptcy teams. His representative matters include acquisitions... | Read More
He is a member of the firm's business litigation and bankruptcy teams. His representative matters include acquisitions and dispositions of franchise systems and restaurants, franchise encroachment, and termination and non-renewal litigation.Close
She has a wide range of business litigation experience, including antitrust, securities (including residential... | Read More
She has a wide range of business litigation experience, including antitrust, securities (including residential mortgage-backed securities), property insurance defense, contract matters, false advertising, and legal malpractice. Rosanne has also represented individuals and companies before the Securities & Exchange Commission.Close