Preliminary Injunction Litigation: Winning or Defeating Emergency Motions
Obtaining Pretrial Relief in Federal Court and Enforcing the Order Through Contempt Remedies
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will cover the strategies and best practices for obtaining or opposing accelerated pre-trial relief and how to enforce a preliminary injunction or temporary restraining order (TRO). Injunctions are powerful tools to stop wrongdoing and preserve the dissipation of assets. But even the perfect motion for relief will fail without compelling evidence that demands court action. And once obtained, injunctive relief is only as valuable as the power to enforce it.
- Standards for emergency injunctive relief
- Overview of preliminary injunctions and TROs
- Federal vs. state court considerations
- Strategic prefiling considerations and key procedural hurdles
- IP litigation
- Trade secret/noncompete litigation
- Asset preservation
- Evidentiary issues
- Drafting or reviewing the proposed order
- Enforcement through the contempt power
The panel will review these and other vital questions:
- What cases are particularly suited for emergency orders like preliminary injunctions and TROs?
- What constitutes irreparable injury--and when are you entitled to a presumption of irreparable harm?
- How does the status quo impact preliminary injunctive relief?
- How is the order enforced?
Dorsey & Whitney
Mr. Tahdooahnippah has experience with patent, trade secrets, and other intellectual property litigation. His... | Read More
Mr. Tahdooahnippah has experience with patent, trade secrets, and other intellectual property litigation. His experience spans a variety of technologies, including: software, cloud computing, medical devices, mining processes, and consumer goods, among other things. His experience includes briefing and arguing motions, managing large scale documents productions, taking and defending depositions (including expert depositions). In addition to intellectual property matters, Mr. Tahdooahnippah is experienced and knowledgeable on class action disputes and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) litigation.Close
Craig R. Tractenberg
Mr. Tractenberg is a skilled international litigator who handles complex business disputes involving intellectual... | Read More
Mr. Tractenberg is a skilled international litigator who handles complex business disputes involving intellectual property, licenses, business torts and insolvency issues. He regularly structures new franchise programs, many of which are international. Mr. Tractenberg also defends and enforces franchise agreements. He has also served as special counsel to franchise companies.Close