Pre-Transaction Planning for Trusts and Estates: Federal and State Tax Issues, Domicile, Use of Nonresident Trusts
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide trusts and estates counsel an in-depth analysis of pre-transaction planning strategies and pitfalls to avoid for estate planners. The panel will discuss key estate planning considerations before a liquidity event, business exit and transition, wealth planning structures, and federal and state tax issues. The panel will also discuss when changing or maintaining domicile is appropriate, utilizing nonresident trusts and domestic asset protection trusts, choice of entity considerations, and more.
- Estate planning issues for transactions and liquidity events
- Gift and estate tax planning before a transaction
- Income tax planning, structures, and timing
- Post-transaction issues and opportunities
- Best practices for estate planners
The panel will discuss these and other key issues:
- What are the critical considerations for business owners when transferring their wealth?
- What is the impact of business transactions and transitions on estate planning?
- What options are available to transfer wealth in advance of transactions or liquidity events?
- What methods are available to mitigate income and estate tax liability?
- When should changing domicile be considered in the context of pre-transaction planning?
- How can nonresident trusts and domestic asset protection trusts be used?
- What is the primary choice of entity considerations for pre-transaction planning?
- What are options for planning following the conclusion of the transaction?
J.P. Morgan Private Bank
Mr. Batlle is responsible for drawing upon the vast, global resources of J.P. Morgan to provide wealthy individuals and... | Read More
Mr. Batlle is responsible for drawing upon the vast, global resources of J.P. Morgan to provide wealthy individuals and families in Florida innovative wealth planning and transfer strategies with an integrated view of combining credit, investing and tax tools. To ensure proper coordination of our clients’ personal and professional needs, he works directly with their attorneys, accountants and other outside advisors to create a holistic, integrated plan. Mr. Batlle also partners with other specialists at J.P. Morgan to provide comprehensive wealth management capabilities that help clients meet all of their financial goals.Close
Christopher P. Siegle
J.P. Morgan Private Bank
Mr. Siegle, Executive Director, joined JPMorgan in 2010 after practicing trust and estates, employee benefits, and... | Read More
Mr. Siegle, Executive Director, joined JPMorgan in 2010 after practicing trust and estates, employee benefits, and corporate transaction law in Arizona for over 13 years. He is a member in the State Bar of Arizona and the Maricopa County Bar Association. Mr. Siegle is active in Valley Estate Planners, and on the Professional Advisory Boards of the Arizona Community Foundation and the Catholic Community Foundation in Phoenix, Arizona.Close