PPP Loan Forgiveness: Appealing Adverse Rulings, Responding to SBA Loan Audits
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide attorneys on appealing an adverse lender decision on PPP loan forgiveness. The panel will also discuss the SBA audit process after loan forgiveness has been determined and how to file an appeal of an adverse SBA audit. The discussion will include a regulatory update and a review of the PPP loan forgiveness application including the recently released Loan Necessity Questionnaire.
- Loan forgiveness: application and approval process
- Appeals process when all or part of loan forgiveness is denied
- Appealing the lender's decision
- Appealing SBA's ruling
- SBA audits
- Over $2 million required; under $2 million at SBA's discretion
- Factors the SBA will consider
- Borrower eligibility for the loan
- Correct calculation of loan amount
- Use of proceeds
- Loan forgiveness calculation
- Responding to an SBA audit
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What factors do the lender and the SBA consider in reviewing a loan forgiveness application?
- What information should a business provide when filing an appeal of a loan forgiveness decision?
- How should the borrower respond to an SBA audit request? What is the role of the lender?
- What is the process for appealing an adverse SBA audit ruling?
Paul B. Edelberg
Mr. Edelberg is co-leader of the firm’s CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program teams. For over four decades,... | Read More
Mr. Edelberg is co-leader of the firm’s CARES Act and Paycheck Protection Program teams. For over four decades, his practice has focused on corporate and commercial law for privately owned businesses, with an emphasis on general business counseling, commercial finance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital and international trade and cross-border transactions. Mr. Edelberg’s multifaceted practice enables him to serve the domestic and international needs of a wide range of clients, particularly those with interests in China.Close
Rebecca M. Moore
Leader, Financial Transactions Practice Group
Frost Brown Todd
Ms. Moore focuses her practice on finance and real estate transactions and has extensive experience representing... | Read More
Ms. Moore focuses her practice on finance and real estate transactions and has extensive experience representing lenders, borrowers, servicers, and issuers on financing transactions. These include real estate finance, commercial and industrial loans, agribusiness finance, bond transactions, and multi-bank syndicated lending and participations, and workouts. Ms. Moore also has extensive experience representing owners, developers and tenants in the purchase, sale, development and leasing of commercial real estate properties.Close