Post-Closing Integration Issues in M&A: Developing and Implementing a Plan
Transfer of Assets and Contracts, Workforce Adjustments, Corporate Structure, and Tax Considerations
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the legal and operational issues which companies must address once an acquisition or merger has closed and two or more companies must operate as one. The panel discussion will include corporate restructuring, workforce integration, IP, antitrust, healthcare regulatory, and other issues that may not be resolved at the transaction stage, but which remain critical to the success of any M&A transaction.
- Identifying post-acquisition integration issues
- Assets and liabilities to be transferred
- Contracts in need of assignment or amendment
- Licenses and permits
- Workforce and employment issues, pension plans
- Creating a timeline and checklist for integration
- Determining priorities
- Key parties and constituencies to include in the process
- Compliance concerns
- Corporate restructuring, including changes in directors, officers; tax issues
The panel will review these and other vital issues:
- What are the key integration issues that should be identified immediately after closing an acquisition?
- Who are the principal parties, and how can M&A counsel assist in formulating an integration plan?
- What kinds of legal, contractual, and operational constraints might merged companies encounter in the integration process?
- If post-closing corporate restructuring is necessary, what are some tax ramifications to consider?
Mr. Barakat brings over eight years of experience in healthcare, driving cutting-edge initiatives in new product... | Read More
Mr. Barakat brings over eight years of experience in healthcare, driving cutting-edge initiatives in new product launch, ‘big data’ adoption, mergers & acquisitions, portfolio optimization and clinical operations enhancement.Close
Kate W. Hardey
Ms. Hardey advises healthcare and life sciences clients on regulatory and compliance matters and in all types of... | Read More
Ms. Hardey advises healthcare and life sciences clients on regulatory and compliance matters and in all types of transactions including sales and acquisitions, joint ventures, contractual affiliations, as well as evaluating regulatory risks in cash flow, asset- based and lending transactions.Close