Piercing the LLC Veil: Avoiding Member Liability for Business Debts
Protecting the Limited Liability Benefits of LLCs Amid Evolving State Law
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the latest legal trends across several states regarding piercing the LLC veil, and outline best practices for LLCs and LLC members to avoid personal liability for business debts.
- Veil Piercing of LLC’s – what is it and is it applicable today?
- How to Best Present the concept to your clients
- Single Member LLC veil piercing
- Latest Trends in LLC veil piercing
- Factors courts consider in piercing the LLC veil
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the latest legal trends in LLC veil-piercing cases?
- What factors do courts consider in applying the piercing the corporate veil doctrine to LLCs?
- What are some best practices for LLCs to avoid or defend veil-piercing claims?
Markus May, Esq.
May Law Firm
Mr. May represents businesses on choice of entity decisions, forming entities and maintaining company compliance... | Read More
Mr. May represents businesses on choice of entity decisions, forming entities and maintaining company compliance with regulatory requirements. He advises clients on how to avoid disputes and litigation and how to structure contracts and leases to minimize risk and maximize future benefits. He is a frequent presenter at business law seminars on topics related to preparing a business for sale, protecting a business owner's personal assets, and buying and selling businesses. He has authored numerous articles related to business law including shareholder agreements, protecting business owners' personal assets, purchasing and selling businesses, and drafting pre-acquisition agreements.Close
Davis McGrath LLC
Mr. Porvaznik focuses on commercial litigation. He practices primarily in the areas of general civil... | Read More
Mr. Porvaznik focuses on commercial litigation. He practices primarily in the areas of general civil litigation, mechanics liens, landlord-tenant law, collections, post-judgment enforcement and general business disputes. He has first-chaired both jury and bench trials in various State and Federal courts.Close