Physician Recruitment: Ensuring Regulatory Compliance, Key Considerations, Minimizing Risks in Recruiting
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide healthcare counsel on physician recruitment trends and challenges. The panel will also address the regulatory constraints on physician recruitment, including Stark and AKS, and critical considerations in physician recruitment. The panel will also offer best practices to implement effective recruitment agreements and minimize legal risk with physician hires.
- Physician recruitment trends and challenges
- Regulatory constraints on physician recruitment
- Stark Law
- Anti-Kickback statute
- Creating effective recruitment policies and agreements
- Minimizing risks in physician recruitment
- Implement compliance program
- Evaluate current physician recruitment deals
- Common issues and open issues in physician recruitment
The panel will review these and other essential questions:
- What are the regulatory challenges facing healthcare providers in recruiting physicians?
- How can recruitment agreements be structured to avoid violating federal and state laws and regulations?
- What best practices can counsel employ to facilitate successful physician recruitment and minimize the legal risks?
Chair, Healthcare Practice Group; Co-Chair, Healthcare Private Equity Team
Bass Berry & Sims
Ms. Humphreys leads the firm’s national healthcare practice. With more than 20 years of experience, she has... | Read More
Ms. Humphreys leads the firm’s national healthcare practice. With more than 20 years of experience, she has counseled national healthcare organizations on hundreds of transactions in the healthcare industry, including hospitals and health systems, health plans, surgery centers, physician practice management companies, laboratories and healthcare information technology companies, among others. She also leads interdisciplinary teams to provide clients with creative solutions to the operational and regulatory issues they face while working within an ever-changing, complex regulatory environment.Close
Charles B. Oppenheim
Hooper Lundy & Bookman
Mr. Oppenheim’s practice includes all aspects of transactional, operational and regulatory healthcare law,... | Read More
Mr. Oppenheim’s practice includes all aspects of transactional, operational and regulatory healthcare law, including mergers & acquisitions, affiliations, joint ventures and the formation of integrated delivery systems. Among his clients are many of the largest healthcare companies and hospital systems in the U.S. A nationally-recognized expert on anti-kickback and Stark Law issues, Mr. Oppenheim wrote the 2014 American Health Lawyers Association Monograph on Stark. He has served as an expert on anti-kickback and Stark Law issues in arbitration and litigation, in both civil and criminal proceedings. In addition, he creates and implements compliance programs, investigates compliance issues, responds to government enforcement actions, and negotiates settlements for many types of healthcare providers.Close