Physician Compensation: New Paradigms in the Post-ACA World, Part II- The 2015 Perspective
Structuring Payment Models for Cost Reduction, Quality Improvement and Clinical Integration
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to healthcare counsel on structuring physician compensation and financial incentive payments to participating physicians to reduce costs and improve quality of care. The panel will discuss the implications for Stark law and anti-kickback compliance, and offer best practices for clinical integration.
- Regulatory compliance issues related to structuring and implementing plans for aligning providers and achieving clinical integration
- Emerging strategies for aligning providers and achieving clinical integration
- The roles of physicians and other providers in emerging structures, and the use of payments and other financial incentives to encourage optimum performance of those roles
- How new payment models and incentive structures challenge long-standing thinking about what constitutes a fair market value and commercially reasonable payment to a physician or other healthcare provider
- Successful provider alignment and clinical integration
- Options for achieving alignment and integration
- Stark law
- Anti-Kickback Statute
- Antitrust laws
- Other laws and regulations for which compliance hinges on FMV and/or commercially reasonable financial relationships
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How are current and emerging practices challenging long-standing notions of what constitutes a fair market value, commercially reasonable payment to a physician or other healthcare provider?
- What are the implications for compliance with the Stark law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and other laws and regulations?
- Are there any lessons or best practices for counsel and compliance officers from the experiences since 2010?
Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH
Ms. Ferrari focuses on physician payments related to hospital physician alignment and efficiency improvement... | Read More
Ms. Ferrari focuses on physician payments related to hospital physician alignment and efficiency improvement strategies, valuation of services provided by physician hospital organizations, payments for services provided in connection with clinical research/clinical trial agreements, payments for physician supervision of midlevel practitioners, and health practitioner recruitment and support arrangements. She has provided counsel and representation to various types of clients in the healthcare industry, including hospitals, physicians and physician groups, and pharmaceutical and medical device vendors, distributors and manufacturers.Close
Mr. Locke has served as an executive in healthcare operations, strategic planning, new business development and... | Read More
Mr. Locke has served as an executive in healthcare operations, strategic planning, new business development and hospital physician alignment for more than 20 years, including serving as senior vice president of a nationwide healthcare operations and finance company focused on outpatient diagnostic imaging and therapy. He has managed profitability and revenue growth, implemented physician alignment initiatives and business development programs, and designed systems for enhancing employee and customer satisfaction.Close
Chris E. Rossman
Foley & Lardner
Mr. Rossman has significant experience in major corporate transactions for healthcare clients, primarily hospitals... | Read More
Mr. Rossman has significant experience in major corporate transactions for healthcare clients, primarily hospitals and health systems. He has a strong background in reimbursement payment and compliance issues as well as transactional experience, which allows him to provide strategic advice in structuring healthcare transactions under government and private payor rules and requirements.Close