Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices: Products Liability Risk Management
Implementing Compliance Programs and Other Measures to Avoid FDA and State Law Violations and Minimize Tort Liability
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare counsel to pharmaceutical and medical device companies to develop a risk management program geared toward avoiding product liability. The panel will explore ways to leverage a company's risk management measures in defending product liability suits.
- Compliance and prevention
- Definitions and descriptions
- Applications to product liability for pharmaceuticals
- Applications to product liability for medical devices
- Creating and Implementing a compliance program for pharmaceutical companies
- Creating and Implementing a compliance program for medical device companies
- Other risk management measures
- Leveraging risk management strategies during litigation
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the effective elements of a products liability compliance program?
- What other risk management measures should be adopted?
- How can risk management measures be leveraged in product liability defense to benefit a pharmaceutical or medical device company?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Joseph P. McMenamin
He focuses on health-related litigation, including products liability and toxic torts, risk management and claims... | Read More
He focuses on health-related litigation, including products liability and toxic torts, risk management and claims avoidance, and health law. His practice places particular emphasis on identification and development of the science informing the defense of claims against the manufacturers of medicines, vaccines and medical devices. He holds medical and law degrees from the University of Pennsylvania.Close
Bowman and Brooke
He is one of the world's leading practitioners in Product Liability Prevention (PLP). He has been providing... | Read More
He is one of the world's leading practitioners in Product Liability Prevention (PLP). He has been providing advice in PLP, product safety, and regulatory compliance for over 30 years to companies all over the world. He is a former partner and now Of Counsel to one of the country's premier product liability defense firms.Close