Personal Injury Settlement and Release Agreements: Confidentiality, Tax Liability, Indemnity and Other Complex Issues
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to personal injury counsel for navigating the complexities of drafting and negotiating settlement and release agreements to resolve claims. The panel will discuss challenges and best practices regarding confidentiality, tax liability and indemnity, and review other settlement considerations.
- Confidentiality considerations
- Potential tax consequences in settlement agreements
- Other key issues
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- What terms are most hotly negotiated in personal injury settlement and release agreements?
- What are the tax implications of resolving personal injury claims via settlement agreement?
- What are best practices for drafting confidentiality provisions in personal injury settlement agreements?
- What ethical issues must attorneys consider when negotiating confidential settlement agreements on behalf of injured parties?
Wyatt Wright, Esq.
Mr. Wright is a seasoned litigator handling cases nationwide, with a preference for handling cases related to breaches... | Read More
Mr. Wright is a seasoned litigator handling cases nationwide, with a preference for handling cases related to breaches of contract, bad faith insurance, complex trucking crashes resulting in serious injury or death, as well as dangerous product and drug injuries. He is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia and in fourteen states (Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming). He regularly speaks to legal audiences on topics related to personal injury litigation, such as settlement release issues, bankruptcy in personal injury cases, personal and subject matter jurisdiction issues and suing and serving artificial entities.Close