Personal Injury Litigation: Proving or Disproving Non-Economic Damages
Calculating Damages, Conducting Voir Dire, Preparing Jury Instructions
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide personal injury practitioners on how to best argue for (or defend against) an award of non-economic damages. The panel will discuss various trial strategies, including calculating damages, conducting voir dire, and preparing jury instructions.
- Methods for calculating non-economic damages
- Factors that impact juries on whether or not to award non-economic damages
- Considerations for hiring expert witnesses
- Best practices for plaintiff and defense counsel when arguing for or against non-economic damages
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- How are non-economic damages calculated?
- When arguing for or against non-economic damages in court, what factors have had an impact on juries?
- What key factors should counsel consider when recruiting expert witnesses?
Jack P. Burden
Backus Carranza & Burden
Mr. Burden is a Martindale Hubbell AV Rated litigation attorney with practice emphasis in products liability, premises... | Read More
Mr. Burden is a Martindale Hubbell AV Rated litigation attorney with practice emphasis in products liability, premises liability, food liability and commercial litigation matters. He has successfully defended a myriad of clients from Fortune 500 Companies, sports related entities to locally owned small businesses and individuals.Close
James K. Theisen
Hupy and Abraham
Mr. Theisen has more than a decade of experience, he’s handled insurance defense litigation, subrogation and... | Read More
Mr. Theisen has more than a decade of experience, he’s handled insurance defense litigation, subrogation and personal injury.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/08/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 02/08/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $19.45 S&H