Personal Injury Damages: Limiting the Risk of Inflated Verdicts by Countering Plaintiff's Anchor
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss how defense counsel can counteract the damages figure suggested by the plaintiff's counsel - while still pressing for a defense verdict.
- The traditional approaches to damages by plaintiffs and defendants
- Why plaintiffs offer a damages value from the first
- How defendants can establish their appraisal of the case
- Discovery requests
- Experts to assist on value
- Understanding what components of damages will be a challenge
- How defendants can address pain and suffering
The panel will review these another key issues:
- Why is the first damages figure juries hear the most persuasive?
- Is offering an alternative figure really conceding liability?
- When is the best time to value the case for settlement purposes?
- What is the defense's role in setting the case value at trial?
Beth C. Boggs
Boggs Avellino Lach & Boggs
Ms. Boggs concentrates her practice in civil litigation involving construction defect, insurance coverage, employment... | Read More
Ms. Boggs concentrates her practice in civil litigation involving construction defect, insurance coverage, employment law, premises liability, transportation, defense of pharmacy cases, civil rights defense, professional negligence, toxic tort defense, asbestos exposure defense and insurance defense. She is a frequent author on a variety of insurance and trial topics and speaker at national conferences on trial-related topics. Ms. Boggs was selected to be a Senior Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, an honorary society honoring the top one-half of one percent of American lawyers.Close
Cheryl A. Bush
Bush Seyferth & Paige
Ms. Bush has extensive first-chair trial experience and has obtained exceptionally positive results for her clients,... | Read More
Ms. Bush has extensive first-chair trial experience and has obtained exceptionally positive results for her clients, including Fortune 500 companies, by winning 95.97% of her jury trials. She serves as national counsel for a major automotive manufacturer, handling catastrophic air bag trials and coordinating discovery throughout the country. Ms. Bush’s cases, which have spanned 30 states, often involve high-level nationwide media exposure. She teaches regularly on trial advocacy and is a Fellow in both the American College of Trial Lawyers and the International Society of Barristers.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $120
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$274 + $24.45 S&H