Patent Eligibility Post-Alice: Navigating the Nuances, Guidance From the Federal Circuit, the PTAB, and the USPTO
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will examine recent decisions applying the Supreme Court's decision in Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank on patent eligibility. The panel will discuss the guidance from these opinions and offer best practices for addressing patent eligibility issues.
- Guidance from recent opinions
- Federal court decisions
- PTAB decisions
- Best practices for patent eligibility post-Alice Corp.
The panel will review these and other priority issues:
- How are the courts applying the framework for patent eligibility created in Alice Corp.?
- How can patent litigation defendants take advantage of the guidance for Sec. 101 challenges?
- What are best practices for patent counsel to demonstrate patent eligibility?
- How can patent counsel address subject eligibility rejections made by patent examiners?
Michael L. Kiklis
Bass Berry & Sims
Mr. Kiklis focuses on PTAB litigation as well as district court patent litigation. He also handles Federal Circuit... | Read More
Mr. Kiklis focuses on PTAB litigation as well as district court patent litigation. He also handles Federal Circuit appeals from his cases. With an extensive background in computer science, his technological focus is on software patent matters. He frequently handles high stakes matters, having been involved in several cases in which over $1 billion was at stake.Close
Stephen G. Kunin
Maier & Maier
Mr. Kunin represents clients in post-grant patent proceedings at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also... | Read More
Mr. Kunin represents clients in post-grant patent proceedings at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also serves as an expert witness and consultant on patent policy, practice and procedure. During his tenure at the USPTO, he served in many executive positions, including as Deputy Commissioner for Patent Examination Policy.Close