Open Source Due Diligence in M&A: Open Source Software Identification, Tracking, Approval for Use, Risk Allocation
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel in conducting open source due diligence in merger and acquisition transactions. The panelist will outline best practices for determining how open source software is identified, tracked and approved for use, and leveraging the diligence results in negotiating pricing and other deal terms.
- Due diligence of software code
- Target’s open source processes
- Open source bill of materials and audits
- Target’s contribution to third-party open source software projects, as well as target’s own code releases
- Interaction of open source reps and warranties with general IP reps and warranties
- Open source disclosures and audits
- Typical problems arising during due diligence and how to resolve them
- Leveraging due diligence results in deal negotiations
The panelist will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- What are the best approaches for counsel to identify and track the target’s use of open source during due diligence?
- If the target is not in compliance with the terms of an open source license, what steps should the acquiring company take to mitigate the risk?
- How can counsel leverage information from the due diligence process in deal negotiations?
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
Ms. Meeker advises technology clients on IP matters. Her practice focuses on counseling in technology transactions,... | Read More
Ms. Meeker advises technology clients on IP matters. Her practice focuses on counseling in technology transactions, including licenses, channel sales agreements, development agreements, university technology transfer and consumer contracting; open source software licensing, including IP strategy, compliance, transactions and disputes; technology and IP issues in M&As; and copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H