Offshore Asset Protection Trusts: Structuring Foreign Trusts as Part of an Integrated Estate Plan
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide estate planners with a comprehensive guide to drafting offshore asset protection trusts as part of an integrated estate plan. The panel will discuss the key practical concerns of structuring offshore trusts, such as choice of trust situs, powers that reside in the trustee, use of LLCs or other entity structures to hold assets within the trust, and bankruptcy challenges to offshore trusts, as well as offer specific drafting tools and suggestions for maximizing the asset protection function of the trust.
- Structure of offshore trusts
- Trust protector provisions
- Choice of situs and jurisdiction considerations
- Risks in LLC structures held offshore
The panel will discuss these and other important topics:
- What protections will offshore asset trusts provide that U.S. trusts will not?
- What statutory and judicial protections should advisers look for in selecting a situs for an offshore asset protection trust?
- What creditor protections will offshore trusts provide--and what protections won't they provide?
Craig S. Redler
Law Offices of Craig S. Redler
Mr. Redler has held positions with Amicorp in its offices in Auckland New Zealand and Miami Florida, and Southpac Trust... | Read More
Mr. Redler has held positions with Amicorp in its offices in Auckland New Zealand and Miami Florida, and Southpac Trust International, Inc. with offices in the Cook Islands and Tauranga New Zealand. His responsibilities included serving as Trustee for off-shore trusts settled by high net-worth clients along with structuring bank accounts throughout various countries in Europe and Asia. He is presently based in Newport Beach CA where he is in private practice specializing in Asset Protection Planning for entrepreneurs, athletes, entertainers, HNW and UHNW families from all over the world.Close