Obtaining and Admitting Mobile Phone Evidence at Trial: Call Logs, Text Messages, and Location Data
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide litigators on how to obtain and use cell phone evidence at trial, from issuing discovery requests to overcoming admissibility issues. Our panel will also discuss the function of expert witnesses in providing evidence on cell phone location, GPS, text messaging, and other commonly used wireless communications features.
- Overview of information commonly stored in cell phones that is useful in litigation
- Discussion of how to successfully obtain cell phone records for use at trial
- Analysis of admissibility issues with cell phone records and data (including discussion of Rule 902(13) and 902(14)
- Use of expert witnesses at trial
- Best practices in obtaining and using mobile phone data during litigation
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What types of information are commonly stored in cell phones?
- How can attorneys successfully obtain cell phone records and data for use at trial?
- What role do expert witnesses play in the admission or exclusion of mobile phone data as evidence?
- What are the best practices for attorneys in obtaining and using cell phone data during litigation?
Laurence D. Lieb, CCPA, CASA, COSFE, CBE, FEXE
Founder & Managing Partner
Mr. Lieb is a nationally known subject matter expert in the field of computer forensics and electronic discovery. ... | Read More
Mr. Lieb is a nationally known subject matter expert in the field of computer forensics and electronic discovery. He has testified in both federal and state courts on the subjects of computer and smartphone forensics. Mr. Lieb’s practice focuses on maximizing the limited dollars his clients have available for substantive legal work whilst minimizing wasted expense. Hey is committed to providing his expert work on pro bono matters as well as corporate matters.Close
Charles B. Molster, III
The Law Offices of Charles B. Molster III
Mr. Molster has extensive experience as a trial lawyer handling complex litigation matters in federal and state courts... | Read More
Mr. Molster has extensive experience as a trial lawyer handling complex litigation matters in federal and state courts around the country and has provided extensive outside general counsel services to various corporate and other clients. His broad range of experience includes complex commercial litigation, patent litigation, corporate governance/shareholder advice and litigation, employment advice and litigation, and securities advice and litigation, among others. Mr. Molster regularly conducts CLE programs and other education presentations relating to various legal issues.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 04/10/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 04/10/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H