Non-Grantor Trusts in Elder Law Planning: Specific Trust Strategies and Key Tax Considerations
Recording of a 90-minute CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will provide attorneys and advisers serving elderly clients with a focused review of key strategies and tax implications of the use of non-grantor trusts. The panel will discuss the most effective trust structures, avoiding pitfalls that would derail Medicaid eligibility, and tactics to ensure asset protection and tax savings for clients.
- Type of trust: grantor vs. non-grantor
- Non-grantor trust rules and key provisions
- Tax implications of non-grantor trusts
- Best practices for elder law attorneys
The panel will discuss these and other issues:
- What is a non-grantor trust?
- What are the non-grantor trust rules?
- What are the income tax differences between grantor and non-grantor trusts?
- What are the key considerations when determining when to draft grantor and non-grantor trusts?
- What are the income tax implications of non-grantor trust status?
Burner Prudenti Law
Ms. Burner, Esq. is a partner at Burner Law Group, P.C., a boutique law firm concentrating in the areas of Elder Law,... | Read More
Ms. Burner, Esq. is a partner at Burner Law Group, P.C., a boutique law firm concentrating in the areas of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Trusts and Estates, and Real Estate. Serving clients from New York City to the East End, she has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, and an Outstanding Woman in Law by Hofstra University. Ms. Burner serves as Vice Chair of the Elder Law and Special Needs Planning section of the New York State Bar Association. She also serves as a Charter member of the Advisory Council of the Katz Institute for Women’s Health at Northwell.Close
Matthew J. Nolfo
Matthew J. Nolfo & Associates
Mr. Nolfo practices in the areas of Estate Planning and Elder Law and works with clients on their estate planning... | Read More
Mr. Nolfo practices in the areas of Estate Planning and Elder Law and works with clients on their estate planning needs, assists clients with the institutional and community Medicaid process, and advocates on behalf of clients whose loved ones are in need of guardianship.Close