New IRS 90-Day Retirement Plan Pre-Exam Pilot: Self-Correction, Rev Proc 2021-30, Voluntary Correction Program
A live 110-minute CPE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will outline steps that plan sponsors and administrators can take to ensure they are ready for the IRS' new 90-Day Pre-Examination Compliance Pilot. Our knowledgeable panel of retirement plan advisers will review preemptive steps companies can take to safeguard their plans so that an examination might be avoided or be of limited scope if they are selected.
- New 90-Day Pre-Examination Compliance Pilot: introduction
- Receipt of notice
- Common retirement plan errors
- Correcting errors
- IRS' voluntary compliance program
- Revenue Procedures 2021-30
- Handling errors not eligible for self-correction
- IRS review
- Closing agreement
- Preparing for DOL examinations
- Best practices
The panel will cover these and other key issues:
- Conducting a self-review of an employee benefit plan during the 90-day window
- Common plan errors to consider during self-review
- Utilizing IRS' voluntary compliance program to correct errors found during a self-review
- What errors do not qualify for self-correction and how to address these
M. John Burgess
Shumaker Loop & Kendrick
Mr. Burgess is a partner in Shumaker’s Labor, Employment and Benefits Service Line, where he brings a depth of... | Read More
Mr. Burgess is a partner in Shumaker’s Labor, Employment and Benefits Service Line, where he brings a depth of experience to his law practice. Focused on employee benefits, executive compensation, and employee stock ownership plans, he is a certified public accountant with an extensive tax and accounting background, which includes experience as an auditor with a large accounting firm. Clients draw on Mr. Burgess’ ability to take a 360 degree view of their benefit plans and how they affect other areas of their business. He is the President-elect of the Florida West Coast Employee Benefits Council and a member of the Board of Directors of the Florida Center for Employee Ownership.Close
to be announced.
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.
Cannot Attend October 26?
CPE credit is not available on downloads.