New FMLA Regulations
Best Practices to Ensure Family and Medical Leave Act Compliance
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will explain the key changes to the Family Medical Leave Act and offer compliance strategies for employers to avoid fines and penalties.
- Key features of new FMLA regulations
- Military leave
- Notice provisions
- Serious health conditions
- Application and medical certification requirements
- Substitution of paid leave
- Fitness for duty
- New forms and posters
- Strategies for complying with new FMLA changes
- Update existing policies and forms
- Adopt new policy for military family leave
- Implement notice requirements
- Provide training to management on new requirements
- Update attendance and safety bonus programs to fully benefit from new rules
- Update job descriptions regarding medical certifications and fitness for duty certifications
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What new legal requirements do the new FMLA regulations impose on employers?
- What policy and procedural changes must employers make to ensure compliance with the new law?
- What are the penalties for non-compliance with the FMLA?
Victoria A. Lipnic
Former Assistant Secretary of Labor
Employment Standards Administration, U.S. Department of Labor
A member of President George W. Bush's administration, she was formerly responsible for administering and enforcing... | Read More
A member of President George W. Bush's administration, she was formerly responsible for administering and enforcing numerous laws and regulations which set employment standards for most of America's workers, including the Family and Medical Leave Act.Close
He has extensive experience in court, representing companies in all types of employment litigation. He has litigated... | Read More
He has extensive experience in court, representing companies in all types of employment litigation. He has litigated cases under a variety of employment and labor laws, including the FMLA. He speaks extensively on employment law topics.Close
Henry T. Goldman
He represents employers in employment law matters, including planning, counseling and litigation. He advises on... | Read More
He represents employers in employment law matters, including planning, counseling and litigation. He advises on compliance with employment-related laws, including the Family and Medical Leave Act.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include program handouts.
CLE On-Demand Audio