New Federal Payment Sunshine Rule: Implications for Manufacturers and Providers
Navigating Regulations for Collecting Data and Reporting Payments and Transfers of Value
CMS issues long-awaited final regs
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance to counsel for manufacturers, physicians and teaching hospitals to navigate the final regulations implementing the federal Sunshine Law. The panel will offer best practices to ensure compliance with the law and avoid costly mistakes and unexpected public disclosures.
- Final Sunshine Law requirements
- Meeting general compliance challenges
Compliance challenges for specific industries
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Medical device companies
- Implications and best practices for physicians and teaching hospitals
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key requirements of the new federal Physician Payment Sunshine Law?
- What steps should manufacturers and their counsel take immediately to ensure compliance with the new law?
- What are best practices for counsel to physicians and teaching hospitals to minimize increased liability exposure resulting from the new public disclosure requirements?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Eve M. Brunts
Ropes & Gray
She regularly advises clients on Medicare and Medicaid coverage, claims and payment requirements for a variety of... | Read More
She regularly advises clients on Medicare and Medicaid coverage, claims and payment requirements for a variety of services; Medicare and Medicaid managed care programs; the Medicaid drug rebate program; Medicaid state plan requirements; reimbursement for health care services in clinical trials; managed care contracting and state managed care laws; and federal and state fraud and abuse laws.Close
Seth H. Lundy
King & Spalding
He focuses his practice on healthcare matters, concentrating on the federal and state regulation of medical device and... | Read More
He focuses his practice on healthcare matters, concentrating on the federal and state regulation of medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers and of healthcare providers and suppliers, including corporate compliance, the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, False Claims Acts, state law compliance and reporting regulations, and Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement.Close