New ABLE Account Final Regulations: Eligibility, One Account Rule, Disability Recertification, Limitations, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will offer elder law attorneys guidance on navigating the new IRS final regulations' intricacies for ABLE accounts. The panel will discuss key provisions of the new regulations, one account rule, disability recertification, tax issues, critical planning tools, and the interplay with other planning strategies.
- Overview of ABLE accounts
- Criteria for enrollment and contributions
- Impact of IRS final regulations
- Interplay with special needs trusts
- Third party
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- How have IRS final regulations changed the treatment of contributions to ABLE accounts and special needs trusts?
- What advantages are there for beneficiaries wanting to contribute income/earnings to special needs trusts and ABLE accounts?
- How can families of aging and disabled clients ensure that the maximum benefit is derived from these planning tools?
Nora Gieg Chatha
Ms. Chatha represents individuals, fiduciaries and healthcare providers in all areas of estate planning and wealth... | Read More
Ms. Chatha represents individuals, fiduciaries and healthcare providers in all areas of estate planning and wealth preservation, with a focus on fiduciary compliance, special needs, public benefits and long-term care related issues.Close
Hall Law Firm
Ms. Hall represents clients in special needs planning, conservatorship, settlement planning, probate, and estate... | Read More
Ms. Hall represents clients in special needs planning, conservatorship, settlement planning, probate, and estate planning matters.Close
Hackman & Phillips Elder Law RI
Ms. Phillips' practice is focused on estate planning, special needs planning, Medicaid planning, probate... | Read More
Ms. Phillips' practice is focused on estate planning, special needs planning, Medicaid planning, probate administration, guardianships, and consumer bankruptcy law. She enjoys collaborating with other professionals in the financial, mortgage and real estate, social work, and geriatric care industries to help devise comprehensive and well-rounded plans for her clients and their families.Close