Negotiating Music Licensing and Structuring Deals: Digital Sampling, Royalty Rates, Music Copyright and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to IP counsel on negotiating and structuring music licenses. The panel will examine what licenses apply to different uses, critical terms, royalty rates and fees. In addition, we will tackle the subject of digital sampling, as well as lessons from recent court decisions.
- Music licensing strategies
- Licensing negotiations and structuring contracts
- Music copyrights
- Royalty rates
- Impact of digital sampling and streaming
- Recent court decisions and lessons from those decisions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What terms are critical to music licensing agreements?
- How have digital sampling and online streaming increased the complexity of music licensing?
- What are the best practices for counsel for licensors and licensees when negotiating music licenses? What strategies should IP counsel employ to enforce IP rights in the music?
Munger Tolles & Olson
Mr. Choudhury practices in a wide variety of matters involving civil, administrative and appellate litigation, focusing... | Read More
Mr. Choudhury practices in a wide variety of matters involving civil, administrative and appellate litigation, focusing primarily on matters for clients in the entertainment industry. He has represented clients in state and federal court as well as complex administrative proceedings, including before the Copyright Royalty Board, the Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Communications Commission.Close
Steve Gordon Law
Mr. Gordon is an entertainment attorney specializing in music, television, film and video. His clients include artists,... | Read More
Mr. Gordon is an entertainment attorney specializing in music, television, film and video. His clients include artists, songwriters, producers, managers, indie labels and music publishers as well as TV and film producers and digital music entrepreneurs. He also provides music and sample clearance services for producers of any kind of project involving music. Mr. Gordon is the author of The Future of the Music Business, and the upcoming book The 11 Contracts That Every Artist, Songwriter and Producer Should Know.Close