Negotiating Carrier-Broker-Shipper Agreements: Advanced Strategies, Key Provisions, Latest Trends and Issues
Limitations of Liability, Indemnification, and Hold-Harmless Provisions; Damages; Best Efforts; Reps and Warranties; Waivers
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide transportation attorneys with practical advice on drafting and negotiating carrier-broker-shipper transportation agreements. The panelist will discuss advanced drafting issues and strategies for negotiating favorable provisions related to indemnity, liability limitations, waivers, and other matters in contracting for the movement of freight. The panelist will also explore recent trends, issues, and problems impacting these contracts on behalf of carriers, brokers, or shippers to minimize liability exposure if a delay occurs, or for loss, damage, or non-delivery of goods.
- Latest regulatory, economic, and technological trends
- How has COVID-19 changed the issues in contracts?
- Key provisions in carrier-shipper agreements
- Limitation of liability
- Other critical provisions
- Drafting strategies
- Contract negotiation considerations and best practices
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- What state, provincial, federal, and international laws govern transportation contracts?
- What are the critical provisions that counsel for shippers, brokers, or carriers must carefully negotiate when drafting these agreements?
- What are innovative risk-shifting provisions that successfully minimize client exposure?
- How has the current pandemic impacted the transportation industry?
- What contractual issues arise with the ever-expanding use of non-commercially licensed drivers for home deliveries?
Nathaniel G. Saylor
Scopelitis Garvin Light Hanson & Feary
Mr. Saylor's practice focuses on a wide array of transportation and logistics issues including transportation and... | Read More
Mr. Saylor's practice focuses on a wide array of transportation and logistics issues including transportation and logistics contracting; regulatory compliance; NVOCC/Ocean freight forwarders licensing and compliance; indirect air carrier licensing and compliance; intermodal issues; international transportation; third-party logistics; security (including C-T PAT certification and indirect air carrier compliance); carrier bonding; cross-border operations; cargo claims; and freight charge disputes.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 08/14/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 08/14/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H