Navigating Thorny Employment Law Issues in the Construction Sector
Minimizing Employee Claims Over Joint Employer Status, Independent Contractor Misclassification, Davis-Bacon Act Violations and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to employment counsel on advising clients in the construction industry regarding compliance with federal and state employment laws, including the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Davis-Bacon Act, and state wage and hour laws. The panel will discuss unique legal challenges construction employers face and best practices for minimizing and defending claims.
- Current employment law trends and case law developments impacting construction industry employers
- Wage and hour liability exposure for construction industry employers
- NLRA exposure for construction industry employers
- Best practices for construction industry employers to limit liability exposure
- Defending employers in NLRB proceedings, DOL audits and employee lawsuits
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What unique wage and hour risks do construction industry employers face?
- What unique labor relations risks do construction industry employers face?
- What are best practices for construction industry employers to ensure compliance with wage and hour laws?
- What are best practices for construction industry employers to avoid joint employer liability?
Fisher & Phillips
Mr. Boehm represents management in a variety of matters in state and federal courts. His practice focuses on the... | Read More
Mr. Boehm represents management in a variety of matters in state and federal courts. His practice focuses on the defense of wage and hour claims arising under the FLSA and he has handled significant compliance matters before the Wage & Hour Division of the U.S. DOL. Mr. Boehm also counsels clients on a wide range of employment issues and is a frequent author and lecturer on labor and employment law topics.Close
Van Allyn Goodwin
With expertise that covers the full range of employment and labor law, Mr. Goodwin routinely defends employers in... | Read More
With expertise that covers the full range of employment and labor law, Mr. Goodwin routinely defends employers in complex employment litigation in both state and federal courts, as well as in agency proceedings before the U.S. DOL, the NLRB, and various California agencies responsible for the enforcement of California employment and labor relations laws. He is a frequent author and presenter on employment and labor law issues.Close
Meredith C. Shoop, Esq.
Ms. Shoop advises and represents employers in matters of employment law and labor relations, including in arbitration... | Read More
Ms. Shoop advises and represents employers in matters of employment law and labor relations, including in arbitration and mediation and in litigation involving discrimination, wrongful termination and unfair labor practices. She appears regularly in state and federal courts, as well as before the EEOC, the NLRB, the OFCCP and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Video